This fall two of the HFMA MA-RI Chapter’s Committees, the Enterprise Performance Management / Physician Practice Management Committee and the Managed Care Committee merged to form the newly founded “Healthcare Delivery Transformation Committee.” The merger is a result of the changing healthcare delivery landscape; there are far more similarities than differences among the operational and financial concerns of managed care, performance management and physician practice management. Mergers, acquisitions, alternative payment methodologies, and state and federal health reform efforts continue to transform how care is delivered and require payers and providers to continually innovate and adapt to new technologies and systems. The goals for this Committee include:
- Identifying and presenting innovative and practical methodologies and tools to improve healthcare operational, clinical and financial performance to thrive in today’s changing industry;
- Promoting adoption of the most effective use of technology and current industry thinking;
- Addressing trends concerning both operational and financial issues affecting the delivery of ambulatory care and physician services;
- Reviewing new ideas and approaches to both financial management and care delivery in physician practices;
- Providing timely, applicable, solutions-oriented information and tools related to developments in managed care and insurance;
- Focusing on changes in state and federal healthcare reform, as well as challenges and opportunities resulting from new payment methodologies and delivery system transformation; and
- Exploring and learning from successful examples of effective collaboration in the marketplace and new issues/products emerging in the managed care environment.
Our first meeting was held at the Massachusetts Hospital Association on October 2nd. Approximately twenty people participated in person and via the phone. The Committee’s meetings will be held on the second Tuesday of each month, at various locations to accommodate our members across the region. Educational webinars are being planned/scheduled for the upcoming months and we look forward to holding a conference at the end of March 2019. The Healthcare Delivery Transformation Committee welcomes new members to participate. If interested, please contact email@example.com.