Are you a Certified Revenue Cycle Representative or Certified Specialist with HFMA?
HFMA has made a change to the 2021 Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR) and Certified Specialist (CS) [CSAF, CSBI, CSMC, CSPPM] maintenance due date and process for 2021.
- The 2021 maintenance due date for CRCRs and Certified Specialists is changing from May 31, 2021 to August 15, 2021.
HFMA wanted to provide advance notice to allow time, as needed, to adjust any planned recertification training or coaching schedules. Below is some important information to help you understand the revised 2021 recertification process and upcoming changes:
- Why the change?
- HFMA is upgrading to a new learning management system platform in January 2021. To ensure a seamless transition for individuals and organizations, we are extending the 2021 recertification start date. The 2021 CRCR and CS recertification programs will have refreshed look in the new system.
- What is changing?
- The 2021 CRCR and CS maintenance due date is being extended from May 31, 2021 to August 15, 202.
- This change is for the 2021 year only.
- The revised recertification window for eligible CRCR and CS certificants will be:
- February 1, 2021 through August 15, 2021 with due date of August 15, 2021. (previously January through May)
- As a courtesy for any inconvenience this change may incur, HFMA is offering an additional 2 weeks to the 2021 cycle.
- Registration for the CRCR and CS recertification program study materials and assessment will be available on February 1.
- When can CRCR and CS individuals have recertification program access?
- Access will be available on February 1, 2021. On February 1, 2021 eligible individuals will receive an email containing a link to register for the program
- All eligible CRCR and Certified Specialist individuals will receive a series of maintenance reminders over 6 months commencing in January 2021.
Note for CHFPs and Fellows: Currently, the maintenance due date remains as May 31, 2021 for HFMA CHFP and FHFMA members.
HFMA will keep you informed of any related maintenance news in the coming weeks. If you have any questions about the recertification process, please contact HFMA at email@example.com.